Within such a small team, it is an expectation that you will wear a few different hats as a part of this role. You will of course be wholly responsible for Accounts Payable and all Financial and Payroll Processing. But you will also be a back up to the rest of the commercial team with some purchasing, office administration and commercial support. We have some exciting back end system developments ahead and this role will be play a pivotal role
This role would preferably be full time, but the option of part time and flexibility around start and finish times could be there for the right candidate.
Success in this role requires a high degree of independent drive, self-sufficiency, and a focus on providing excellent support to our Dickey Boats team.
There are many different types of people who would suit this role perfectly.
- Accountancy or business Graduates looking for their first step into a commercial role. Being in a small team means you will get more learning opportunities and more areas to develop in than one of the big firms.
- An experienced accounts administrator looking for some variety in a rewarding line of work.
Whatever your experience, a passion for learning and growth in a business is essential. We can teach you the role; the ideal candidate will grow and push the role even further.
As part of a small, highly motivated team, you will need to love fast-paced working environments and be able to juggle a few things at once.
Candidates will need to be personable and contribute positively to our warm and friendly work environment. To really feel at home at Dickey Boats, you will also have an interest in the marine environment, a love of boats perhaps and an obsession for your own craft.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and confidence with the Xero financial system is a must, or at the very least a lot of comparable systems experience and confidence!
- Excellent Microsoft office 365 skills, including and especially in Excel.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills – dealing with our customers, suppliers and internal team
- An outstanding eye for detail and accuracy in everything you do
- Understand and execute the principles of consistent, high-quality customer experience
- Demonstrated success in the Accounts Payable or Purchasing functions, or a desire and capability to learn
- An ability to harness technology for the improvement of business systems