About the Role:
The fabrication team is responsible for delivering the structural elements of Dickey Boats’ world-class vessels. Consistency and work quality is essential.
As an aluminium boatbuilder, you will be expected to:
· Take ownership of the fabrication and welding of aluminium vessels
· Follow and develop build procedures
· Help to ensure the fabrication team are meeting the required quality and efficiency standards
Being physically fit and working in a planned and organised manner within a small team are prerequisites for the role.
Candidates will require organisational skills and creative thinking aligned with the company brand and workplace values.
Dickey Boats is looking for a hard-working, honest, respectful individual who brings enthusiasm to the company.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
· Internationally recognised qualification in alloy boat building
· Aluminium welding and fabrication skills, ideally applied to a recognised international standard - Lloyds, DNV GL or equivalent
· Experience in the aluminium trailer boat, launch and/or shipbuilding industries
· Pride in your work environment, and quality workmanship
· A team attitude and exceptional work ethic
· A passion for boats and the marine environment
Specific to the aluminium boat builder role, the candidate will require excellent general finishing abilities and a craftsperson’s eye for detail.
The right person will discover significant opportunities for growth and development. You will be working with people dedicated to quality and craftsmanship, delivering first-class vessels that exceed customer expectations.
Progression opportunities are available in project management and supervisory roles.
If joining this exceptional team sounds like it would provide an ideal challenge, please contact Will Nicholls at Dickey Boats on 021 577 830 for more information.
To apply for this role now, send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
About Dickey Boats
Dickey Boats is passionate about the ocean and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We are a small, respectful team of people committed to our craft and producing bespoke, award-winning vessels.