Assistant Sales and Service Technician
Do you have a passion for boats?
Are you honest, hard-working and enthusiastic, eager to learn more about the marine environment and technologies?
If so, this exciting and newly created role at Dickey Boats may be the perfect career prospect for you.
About Dickey Boats:
Dickey Boats is an aluminium boat building company, based in Napier, and is focused on excellence, delivering exceptional ocean experiences and adventures for its customers.
The Dickey Boats team are passionate about their craft and have been at the cutting edge of innovative boatbuilding over the past 15 years.
As our boats continue to be rolled out, there is an increased demand for quality-focused service solutions.
· Opportunity to learn under world-class boatbuilders across a broad range of marine trades
· Spend time on and around the water, working on award-winning boats
· Travel around the country
· Be a part of delivering customers’ dreams
About the Role:
The Sales and Service team at Dickey Boats are the face of the company. In this role, you are actively engaged with clients, helping them have the best experience possible owning one of our boats.
The Assistant Sales and Service Technician reports to the Sales and Service Manager. This role should challenge and excite a team member, keen to raise the bar in this vital segment of our business.
What will you be doing?
· Learning how to maintain vessels
· Travel to, and work on, vessels around the country, from the top of the north to the bottom of the south
· Assist (and learn from) the Sales and Service Team across all facets of the job – ranging from service, repair, warranty and all associated tasks
The scope of this role is varied, challenging and exciting. This is a physically challenging and hands-on role encompassing a variety of marine and boating tasks.
This role is based in Napier, although there will be regular requirements for nationwide travel on service trips. These can be expected to last several days at a time, and you will be required to be available on call outside of standard working hours.
For an energetic, hard-working individual, this role presents the opportunity of world-class training, time on and around the water, travel around the country and both personal and professional development. Dickey Boats aims to grow people to the top of their game. Future progression opportunities are available within the Sales and Service team.
About the Candidate:
You must have a passion and enthusiasm for the marine environment and a desire to learn and become knowledgeable across the full range of our boats.
You will come to this role with hands-on practical skills and although a trade qualification is not required, you may be trade qualified or have experience in a trade environment, ideally with significant experience on boats.
Working hard to provide exceptional ongoing support for our customers, this role requires a hands-on approach and excellent technical and communication skills. However, a common-sense, quality-first approach with an unwavering focus and positive attitude to learn and develop a career within the marine environment will supersede any workplace experience.
· Demonstrated practical boating proficiency and on-water experience and skills
· Proven ability to work independently and co-ordinate multiple customer projects or jobs effectively
· Resilience, energy and enthusiasm to provide an outstanding customer experience
· Willingness to take ownership of tasks, ensuring the job is completed
· General technological and computer competence
· Respectful verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to immerse yourself in a team, operating across all areas of the business
If this role sounds like it could provide your next challenge, please apply by including a cover letter and CV with your application, emailing it to email@example.com. For further information, please contact Will Nicholls at Dickey Boats on 021 577 830 for a confidential discussion.