Dickey Boats is seeking a team leader or experienced boat builder looking to step up to a leadership position within our renowned fabrication team.
We believe this is a unique opportunity for an experienced boatbuilder or aluminium welder/fabricator to take a key position in one of New Zealand’s most progressive and respected custom boat builders.
About the Role:
As Fabrication Supervisor at Dickey Boats, you will be working with and guiding a highly dedicated team of marine professionals.
Projects at Dickey Boats are bespoke and vary in complexity and size. It’s an exciting work environment with diverse aluminium fabrication challenges presenting routinely.
The team you lead will be responsible for delivering the quality-controlled construction standard of every Dickey boat they build. Your hands-on input into the daily operations of the fabrication team will be required to succeed in this role.
During our extended sea-trialling procedure, we ensure you will have opportunities to experience first-hand the on-water capabilities of the completed vessel ready for handover. We see this as essential to understanding the role structural integrity plays in our acclaimed blue-water performance.
The role is full time, Permanent (40 hours).
About the candidate:
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- A qualification in boat building desired but not required
- 4+ years experience working in metal fabrication of boats
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide guidance, knowledge and support for a diverse group of highly skilled boat builders
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly but know when to seek advice
- Enjoy taking a hands-on approach
- Be capable of working across various projects simultaneously
- Pride in your work environment and exceptional craftsmanship
- The ability to analyse, implement, maintain and lead Dickey Boats’ standards at all times
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to maintain production efficiency
Physical fitness is a prerequisite for the role. An enthusiasm for boats and the marine environment will contribute significantly to your success at Dickey Boats.
The remuneration package will vary depending on the person and their experience but for the benefit of international applications and Immigration NZ requirements the starting salary will be minimum $80,000-$90,000 per annum.