Celebrated custom boat-builder Dickey Boats seeks an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our growing and high-performing marine paint team.
Paint is an essential part of the boat building process, responsible for delivering internal and external marine coating finishes to a standard that is the envy of the boat-building industry.
An opportunity to join the Dickey Boats team as a junior marine painter is available now.
The role comes with the potential to commence a full-time apprenticeship within the industry-backed training program. You will be on a clearly defined and rewarding career path within Dickey Boats and the wider marine industry.
You will be working with a fantastic team of four to five skilled marine fairers and painters. A strong work ethic with a commitment to constant improvement, exceptional quality and customer experience will be essential.
Clear guidance and procedures are in place for all routine tasks, which will include:
• Hand sanding (using 1 and 2-man boards)
• Masking and protecting
• Application of filling/fairing compound
• Preparation and assistance in coating application
• Cleaning and general workshop assistance
Being physically fit and working in a planned and organised manner within a small team are prerequisites for the role.
Dickey Boats is looking for a hard-working, honest, respectful individual who brings enthusiasm to the company.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
• Experience in a trade or manufacturing environment
• Hands-on practical skills and experience in hand and power tools
• Eagerness to learn
• Resilience, energy and enthusiasm to provide an outstanding customer experience
• Willingness to take ownership of tasks, ensuring the job is completed
• Respectful verbal and written communication skills
• A team attitude and exceptional work ethic
• A passion for boats and the marine environment
Specific to the junior marine painter role, the candidate will require excellent general finishing abilities and a craftsperson’s eye for detail.
The right person will discover significant opportunities for growth and development. You will be working with people dedicated to quality and craftsmanship, delivering first-class vessels that exceed customer expectations.
If joining this exceptional team sounds like it would provide an ideal challenge, please contact Will Nicholls at Dickey Boats on 021 577 830 for more information.
To apply for this role now, send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Dickey Boats is passionate about the ocean and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We are a small, respectful team of people committed to our craft and producing bespoke, award-winning vessels.